Sunday, January 18, 2009

It's been a long time!

I'm so sorry I'm a blogging slacker. I so appreciate you guys for keeping up with our adventures in South Korea. It's so much fun for Daniel and me to share everything with y'all. :-) Basically, Daniel and I have been having a blast in Korea. We're meeting lots of nice people and exploring our city. There's so much to do here! Teaching is amazing. Daniel got the sweet deal -- he teaches the teachers for an hour a day and teaches the students every now and then (a total of ten hours teaching (five lessons done twice) for the entire month! I got a more difficult assignment -- I teach the teachers for an hour a day and teach high school seniors for two hours a day. My day is pretty much working in the office from 9-1:40, with an hour lunch break in there, then teaching from 1:50 to 5. It's busy, but lots of fun! :-)


I think I'm becoming a more adventurous person in Korea. I bought a hat last night that I think is very awesome. It's a little funky / strange looking, and maybe I look like a nerd in it, but I love it. I have become a little more outgoing, which has been fun. I have eaten foods I would NEVER have tried in the States, and I've loved it!! :-)



All in all, I'm so glad Daniel and I came to Korea. I'm growing and learning every single day. I think that anyone who is given this kind of opportunity should absolutely jump at the chance.


I think y'all should come visit us, too. It's awesome here. :-)

6 comments:

  1. GREAT HAT! GREAT LOOK! GREAT NEWS!...to know you are having such a good time meeting new people, experiencing new places, foods and fun, as well as the two of you still being glad you made this momentous decision. A BIG "thumbs-up" to you both! LH&P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo happy to hear that you love it here!! I'm also happy that you are both here! It has been great hanging out with you! Here's to many more great times! :) Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THE HATE! It doesn't make you look nerdish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (mistyped .... HAT is what I meant of course)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great hat! So glad to hear that things are working out! Are the high school students there into learning? Attentive? Or more like kids here in the states? Just curious!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice hat! I mean it.

    I think the food experimentation is going well because you don't have a gall bladder fighting back :)

    Go Tova, eat that squid!!!

    ReplyDelete