Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Stealing Daniel's Idea...

So, I'm going to steal Daniel's idea about getting used to things. The following is a list that reflects what I think are the hardest parts of getting used to life in Korea. :-)

If you are going to live in Korea, you must get used to:

1. Children staring at you and backing away slowly, never taking their eyes off you. Some children (and older people) really want to talk to you, and will come up and say hi and smile. Most of the time, they just stare at you. It's interesting, to say the least.


2. Following arrows blindly. It is definitely my goal to eventually be able to speak / read very basic Korean (I am realistic), but right now, I have no clue what's going on. If you see an arrow, it's usually best to follow it, regardless of where it's going.


3. The food! It's delicious and wonderful, but definitely WAY different than any food I'm used to. Our town is on the East Sea, so there is seafood / seaweed in almost every dish. The Lunar New Year soup had plenty of seaweed! :-)

4. You walk. Everywhere. And by that I mean EVERYWHERE.

5. Rice. Lots and lots of rice. I guess this kind of goes along with the food one, but in my mind, it's separate!

There are so many more things, but these are the basics.

Have a great day!! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Ok, the arrows are funny but kind of odd! Where do they lead you to?

    Lori

    ReplyDelete