Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sports Day!

Daniel and I had the distinct honor of participating in a local sports day for high school teachers on Thursday, May 7th. Think field day for grownups.
(this is daniel: i asked my co-teacher why they had a sports day and his answer was "for teachers to say 'my schools better than your school' " gotta love it, now back to tova :-p )
We had four events - volleyball, three-legged race, tug-of-war, and jumping rope.
My school won. :-)

Here are some pictures:

The raffle prizes. Included -- bicycles, rice, toilet paper, soap, sunscreen, and coffee.

One of the opposing teams -- Sokcho Boys' High School. We beat them, by the way. Do you see Daniel?

My school playing volleyball. I was a key player in this event. Do you see me? I'm in the back, in a red shirt. Close to the guy dressed head to toe in red.

Yup. I was there. And apparantley yelling a lot???


Daniel's school getting trounced in the three-legged race. Do you see Daniel?



VERY nervous before the tug-of-war. I'm next to my coteacher--she's the one with the white striped shirt and red headband. She's so sweet!


So then, I was cheesin' at the camera when THE TUG-OF-WAR STARTED!!! My coteacher had also been cheesin', which is why she's falling over. There wasn't any reason to be nervous after all -- my school won this too. ;-)


Daniel getting suited up for his school's turn at tug-of-war. Did I mention they lost? ;-)


You can't blame Daniel for his school's loss though. He gave it a valiant effort!!!


Unfortunately, I did not get any pictures of the jump rope contest. They put 15-20 teachers in at one time. It was hilarious. My school won that too. :-)
Korea is hilarious and amazing. After sports day, we went out with our respective schools, then met back up later. Fun! :-)

2 comments:

  1. What a different culture! To have the teachers compete just wouldn't be done here... It sure looks like you two are having fun though! So it was a raffle and not awards to the winning school? That seems odd; did you at least get a trophy or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's what I call fun in education. Are the students there watching?

    ReplyDelete