Thursday, May 14, 2009

Teachers' Hike Day

I had a BLAST on Wednesday the 13th. I took a one and a half hour bus ride to a town seemingly out in the middle of nowhere. The teachers and I (it was a "voluntary" teacher party day) had boiled chicken and various side dishes for lunch, then took a huge hike in the mountains. We hiked for an hour or two, then took the looooooooooooong bus ride back to Sokcho for some duck for dinner. (Unfortunately, not pumpkin duck, which has quickly become my favorite!) It was an amazing day, and I had such a great time. I just continue to be amazed and blessed...
Me, my coteacher BoRam, and Mr. Kim. I could write all day about the amazingness that was hike day, but I won't. You're welcome. :-)
This was taken at a temple near the top of the mountain. You can hear a monk in the background. You'll also see Mr. Kim in his element - explaining the history to other teachers. And you'll see BoRam fiddling with her camera. Fun times!!! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tova: It is so interesting to see your vista being rapidly expanding. Duck for lunch or dinner? I don't think I could have talked you into that in a million years. LOL

    Can't wait for you and Daniel to get back. You are missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great happening ! It looks like the hike took you to a beautiful part of the mountains in that area !

    I was glad to see you IN one of the pictures! You look SO good! It would appear BoRam is quite a fan of yours ! Good video, too!

    But ~ pumpkin duck? Needs discussion! LHP - Always !

    ReplyDelete